MY FUNERAL

Have you ever thought about your funeral? Yes, you feeling a cold breeze sweeping over your body, feeling feelings that you have never felt before; feelings that come only once in a life time. Taking in your last breath, inhaling for the very last time, filling your lungs with the last air it will ever take in, and exhaling your last, your lungs releasing its last air. Then that is it, no way to take in some more air; your body just lying there, no air, no life, just dead. And boom!!! Arrangements for your funeral begin. I know it is morbid, I know it is unpleasant to even consider thinking about your funeral. Wish I could say some more things about this; I will just let you feed on a little something I came up with. I call it, MY FUNERAL. I was once made to understand that death is one of the greatest motivators. Let this be a source of motivation.

Welcome to My Funeral

That right there is not me

What you are about to put in the grave is not me

That is just a pile of dirt you claim is me

That is just the tent I used to live in

The real me left a while back

Breathing my last was my departure

If you could hear me, I would say, “don’t cry”

If you consciously understood where I am, you won’t cry as you do

Do you get worked up when you graduate from being a tenant to having your own house?

You have the right to be worked up if you graduate from being a tenant yet regressing to being in a house with a status way worse than when you were a tenant

I am in a place way better than where I once was

I would say, “Be happy I am gone”

Be happy for I am in a better place

I would say:

“Don’t cry, celebrate

I came, I left

I made meaning to your life

Celebrate the time we shared

Whatever moment we missed was never ours

What we shared was beautiful and it was enough”

Death is not new, embrace the fact that I left already

Embrace the truth that you will join me

I do not know when

You do not know when

God knows when

Death is coming

Death lurks

Death is inevitable

This is my funeral

Expect yours


Comments

  1. Woww, this is so creative. It gives me goose bumps while I read, but it is inevitable. I pray my landlord should be so proud of me when I leave..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Death is really inevitable! We all will die one die so what matters is our soul and not the body which only symbolises vain

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing, yeah it really is. And I'm so grateful to have been able to read this piece of art explained with words.
    Congratulations 🎊 keep it up.
    I'm proud of you Vic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! Poetry be this great

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing! Poetry be this great

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow wow wow.

    This is amazingly great Sir Vic

    ReplyDelete
  7. The art of putting words together shapes the soul.This is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful piece and a great reminder that death will certainly come to each one of us. It speaks volumes. We have to be ready at all times because no one knows the day nor the hour. Only God does. Thanks Dear.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never saw death this way, it's really beautiful and creative we really should accept that death lurks around

    ReplyDelete
  10. Got me thinking... The poem knocked some sense into me. Thank you sir

    ReplyDelete
  11. i finally saw the poem...Still goose bump...but deep

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hidden Love

Victor(y)'s Hello to Blogging